This training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for individuals concerned about the safety of children as well as organizations that serve youth. Training includes discussion about critical issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues in our communities through a video sharing the voices of survivors and experts in the field.
Parent & Caregiver Sexual Abuse Prevention Workshop
Wednesday, April 19th | 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (lunch included)
Participate in Stewards of Children® training, followed by Darkness to Light supplemental trainings that will provide in-depth practice of skills for Talking with Children about Safety and Healthy Touch for Children and Youth. This training is for any interested adult, but will be particularly focused on the concerns of adults that care for children in their home. Register using the link below.
Upcoming Stewards of Children® Training Dates
- Wednesday, March 15 | 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 5th | 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 11th | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29th | 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23rd | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 5th | 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
Location: 429 O Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20001