This training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for individuals concerned about the safety of children as well as organizations that serve youth. Training includes discussion about critical issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues in our communities through a video sharing the voices of survivors and experts in the field.
Upcoming Stewards of Children® Training Dates
As social distancing for COVID-19 remains necessary, and out of care for the health and safety of all, Safe Shores will be offering Stewards of Children trainings to the community virtually. These trainings will be LIVE, led by an Authorized Stewards of Children Facilitator, and will provide an interactive opportunity to share, learn, and practice implementing strategies to protect children from child sexual abuse. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Virtual training dates and times are listed below:
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 | 1:30pm – 4:00pm (session full)
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (register here)
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021 | 1:00pm – 3:30pm (register here)
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (register here)
- Jueves 10 de diciembre de 2020 | 2:30pm – 5:00pm (registrarse aquí)
- Miércoles 27 de enero de 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (registrarse aquí)
- Martes 23 de febrero de 2021 | 1:00pm – 3:30pm (registrarse aquí)
- Jueves 18 de marzo de 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (registrarse aquí)
Bring Stewards of Children® to your site
In-person trainings are not being offered currently, but virtual trainings may be an option for interested groups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have a group of 10 or more adults, a Safe Shores representative can host a virtual Stewards of Children® prevention training for your group! Each private training requires 2.5 hours and the cost is $10 per individual (scholarships are available). Please complete the request form below and a Prevention and Outreach staff member will contact you as soon as possible. CEUs are available!
Already Brought Stewards of Children to Your Organization?
If your team has already completed Stewards of Children® and you would like to keep the conversation and learning going, we offer several additional training options to help you build on what is introduced in Stewards of Children®. Each supplemental training is 1-hour long. For more information or to schedule a session for your group, email email@example.com and include the month/year your group completed Stewards of Children®.
- Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations and Sexual Abuse
- Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse
- Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
If you have completed Stewards of Children® on your own at Safe Shores or in your organization, you will be emailed when supplemental trainings are scheduled at our office.