This training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for individuals concerned about the safety of children as well as organizations that serve youth. Training includes discussion about critical issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues in our communities through a video sharing the voices of survivors and experts in the field.
Free Stewards of Children® Community Trainings:
As safety measures for COVID-19 remain necessary, and out of care for the health and safety of all, Safe Shores will be offering Stewards of Children® trainings to the community virtually. These trainings will be LIVE, led by an Authorized Facilitator, and will provide an interactive opportunity to share, learn, and practice implementing strategies to protect children from child sexual abuse. Community trainings are open to the public and pre-registration is required. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Virtual training dates and times are listed below:
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021 | 1:30pm – 4:00pm (register here)
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (register here)
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 | 5:00pm – 7:30pm (register here)
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 | 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (register here)
- Miércoles, 22 de septembre de 2021 | 2:00pm – 4:30pm (registrarse aquí)
- Jueves, 21 de octubre de 2021 | 5:00pm – 7:30pm (registrarse aquí)
- Martes, 16 de noviembre de 2021 | 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (registrarse aquí)
- Miércoles, 15 de diciembre de 2021 | 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm (registrarse aquí)
Private Stewards of Children® Training for Your Organization
In-person trainings are not being offered currently, but virtual trainings may be an option for interested groups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have a group of 10 or more adults, a Safe Shores representative can host a private Stewards of Children® training for your group on a date and time of your choosing. Training is 2.5-hours and will be facilitated on Zoom. At least 2 weeks’ notice is required. Please review the Virtual Stewards of Children® FAQ Sheet. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Already Completed the Stewards of Children Training?
If you have already completed the Stewards of Children® training and would like to keep the conversation and learning going, we offer several additional training options to help you build on what is introduced in Stewards of Children®. Each supplemental training is 1 hour long. For more information or to sign-up for a session, visit our Additional Trainings page.