Safe Shores—The DC Children’s Advocacy Center is non-profit, public-private partnership that works in tandem with a multidisciplinary team (MDT) of law enforcement, legal, social service, and medical agencies. The MDT is comprised of:
• Child and Family Services Agency (Child Protective Services);
• Children’s National Medical Center (The Freddie Mac Child and Adolescent Protection Center);
• Metropolitan Police Department (Youth Investigations Branch and Special Victims Unit);
• Office of the Attorney General (Child Protection Section, Juvenile Section and Neighborhood Victim Services);
• United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia (Sex Offense and Domestic Violence Unit and the Victim/Witness Assistance Unit); and,
• Safe Shores—The DC Children’s Advocacy Center.
Safe Shores serves in a coordinating capacity in an effort to ensure that all Team agencies are working individually and collaboratively to provide the most comprehensive and child-friendly services for child and adolescent victims of abuse and neglect in the District of Columbia.